Saturday, December 20, 2008

Who will have to die for me to cry.

Devastated as i was at losing four loved ones in the recent Mumbai tragedy. I could not bring myself to cry?

I saw my grandmom break into tears at the remembrance of her preteen grand kids. I spoke to my friend in Mumabi who could not contain himself while informing us of the demise of one of our special friends.

Yet, i could not cry, what is wrong with me.

All I could think of is why?? What forces can motivate a person to take anothers life? Who could possibly have gained anything from this exercise in futility. And i will not rest till i find an answer.

The words from Sholay ring through my ears.

"The worlds biggest weight is that borne by a father carrying the corpse of his son. But if I have learnt one thing from life, it is to allways walk with the head held high"

2 comments:

Yaseen said...

I feel sorry for you man.. But not to worry.. We(Indians) are with you!

hasHAN hazaRIKA said...

Accept condolence!! Its time to get up and fight against terror..enough is enough!!